One Day Later... | U-Tern

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Can - A Spectacle

Had to pull my backpack out of storage for this one...
Q-Tip's "Manwomanboogie" Featuring Amanda Diva was one of the better tracks off his latest release, there was something about the bass line and groove that really made it stand out to me. Not to say it's at all innovative or groundbreaking, just a solid jam. So I was randomly listening to some of my favorite Can songs last week and heard the original source.

I realize how cliche sample spotting in 2009 is (roughly 10 years late), but this a great track and Can rules. Enjoy...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice one!
did similar for 'won't trade' from q-tip's (excellent) album.

http://cubikmusik.typepad.com/cubikmusik/2008/11/now-that-i-believe.html

cheers

6:17 AM  
Blogger DJ Platurn said...

I wouldn't say sample spotting is cliche homeboy - most people don't give a shit about the long lost art of diggin' for old beats anymore, be it on the net or actually searching for it on wax.

Thanks for keeping the art alive.

12:22 AM  
Blogger The Sphere Group said...

I wouldnt say sample spotting was Cliche either. CAN is dope and I'm glad you posted this. Did you check the use of SING SWAN SONG for Kanye's Drunk & Hot Girls?

Definitely made me say "Oh Snap!" out loud when I realized it.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home